Now it’s mid-August. Time for some accountability; how am I doing on my New Year’s Resolutions?
- 3 papers under review. Nope. But I have 2, still.
- Write reports quickly. Better, but I still wait too long to start. Surprisingly, the journals that pay get faster reports.
- Small and focussed conferences. Did that this summer.
- Less whining. Yes.
- Important topics. Yes-and not starting new papers unless they meet that criteria.
- Refusing PhD students. No-I am a soft-hearted wimp.
- Project with PhD student. Yes. And an important topic, too.
- Commenting. Bad V. Bad V.
- Enjoy. Yes.
- Seminars. Not yet, but starting next fall, watch out.
- Weekly GTD. Yes.
- Pleasing everyone else. Yes-I am down to concentrating on my family.
- Output, not input. Yes. I don’t count input much anymore, unless there is output at the end.
Overall, not bad. But lots of room for improvement.