It is the end of the month. How am I doing with my New Year Resolutions?
- Well, I have one paper under review, so I am not meeting the three paper rule. But two are close (only counts in hand grenades, as the saying goes, though).
- I have actually speeded up writing reports and have even started turning some down (but I still have 6 to do. Painful.)
- No conferences yet, but I did agree to go to one later in the spring.
- Just get on with it. Doing that.
- Important topics. No time for new papers now. Who am I kidding-6 reports to write. But I am thinking in the correct direction.
- Refusing PhD students. Not yet-but we don’t have new students yet anyway.
- A project with a student: I have started moving on this one.
- More commenting. Yes.
- Enjoy my job. Yes. Writing about it here has helped with that. A lot.
- Seminars. Not yet.
- Weekly GTD. Yes.
- Less worried. Yes.
- Remember: Output not input. You betcha.
It has turned out to be valuable to have a semi-public record on this site.